Monday, April 2, 2012

Freeze Dried Styrofoam


Honeyville
Dear Freeze Dried Scientists-

Thank you so much for using freeze dried methods instead of dehydration. It makes for amazing tasting foods, most of the time. I recently tried the freeze dried sweet potatoes and they leave something to be desired. Sweet potatoes are one of my all time favorite foods. I seriously use them for everything...salads, breads, and cupcakes, to name a few.

I was so excited to have some freeze dried to always have some on hand in my pantry. The best way I can describe these are Styrofoam bites. No flavor, no taste, and no texture of a sweet potato. They cannot be mashed. I tried. It is as if they have been burned into little cubes. Maybe cutting them into bigger chunks would help?

I will not be buying anymore cans of freeze dried sweet potatoes. They did not preserve any of the qualities that I love about fresh sweet potatoes. Thank you anyway for all of your wonderful efforts.

Sincerely,

Linda

No comments: