Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Coconut Chewys

Coconut Chewys

2 cups flour
1 3/4 cups oats
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 cup shredded coconut
3/4 cups coconut oil
2 T. light corn syrup
pinch of salt
3/4 tsp. baking soda
6 T. boiling water

Combine flour, oats, sugar, coconut, and salt in a large bowl. Combine coconut oil and corn syrup. Dissolve baking soda in boiling water. Add to coconut oil and corn syrup, stir until combined.

Pour into flour mixture and mix well. This needs to be cooked in a couple cast iron skillets or  baking pan. Cookies will not hold shape with this recipe. {This is shelf stable  deliciousness, no eggs needed-- Putting this recipe on my list to try over the campfire.}

Bake for about 15 minutes at 350 degrees or until golden brown and firm to the touch.

P.S. I have been busy trying a lot of new recipies. I have noticed sometimes they just don't work out. There is a variety of factors that could go into this... measuring, oven temperature, miscommunication in the recipes. I would love any feedback from you with recipes that you try from my blog. I do my best in communicating what work for me in recipes. Thanks for reading and happy cooking!

No comments: