Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Self Frosting Cupcakes

Welcome spring. I finally signed up for Pinterest last week. Wow, is all I can say. I don't know how anyone has time to do anything else in their day. Well, at least keep up with everything.

I am amazed at all the ideas and creativity of people. Love it! I was looking at one of my mission companions pins (who is from England) and I saw "self-frosting cupcakes." The secret ingredient...Nutella.

When I was in England, I use to wonder why people would give their kids toast with chocolate on it for breakfast. Now I am all to familiar with Nutella (and it's many redeeming qualities:). I too, give my kids Nutella sandwiches, or just dip whatever we can find near by in it.

So, anyway, back to the self frosting cupcakes, I took the idea from the recipes and applied it to the soda cupcake recipe. Next time I would not swirl the Nutella as much, because you want it to stay on top of the cupcake and stirring it to much will make it become a filling instead of a frosting (which was good too).

 A totally shelf stable recipe.

Self Frosting Cupcakes
1 vanilla cake mix
1 can rootbeer
2 T. powdered eggs
Nutella

Mix Ingredients together. Pour into muffin cups. Add a dollop of nutella on each cupcake and gently swirl with a toothpick. 
Bake at 350 for 15-17 minutes or as the cake mix directs.



2 comments:

marian bonney said...

Looks so easy!

Linda said...

They are so good! My boys love them!