Monday, December 19, 2011

Spreading the Joy


We have lived away from our families for over eight years now, and I finally determined I need to do a better job at staying in touch. So this year my gifts were focused on making connections, remembering fun memories as well as not being expensive gifts.

My sisters family and I are going to play...

The License Plate Game

The Rules:
1. Don't Cheat, whoever finishes first, wins.
2. You have one year to complete the task of
seeing all 50 states of license plates.

I got this idea from my neighbor and I am excited to start playing. We have a "trophy" we can pass back and
forth to each other across the country for whoever wins.

The other gift was
 "The 12 Days of Memories"
I looked back in my journal and found some fun memories of my brother growing up. I put them on a card along with a picture and have been mailing them every day. I enjoyed remember these fun times. I hope these are meaningful gifts.

I hope you all have a safe and happy holiday and
we will see you in the new year!

Merry Christmas!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received a magnet from you today and wanted to say thanks! I have it on my fridge where it will remind me in a quiet way to keep preparing for times ahead. Thank you and Merry Christmas!

Linda said...

Merry Christmas!

Darla said...

Linda! That is the sweetest idea EVER (the 12 memories of Christmas). How great that you have all the pictures and journal entries to help you. What a treasure. I love this!

Linda said...

Thanks Darla, it was fun to remember these little events that I would have never remembered otherwise:).