Saturday, July 9, 2011

Disasters: Part II

I learned how to change a tire recently, but it wasn't in the most ideal circumstances. It was as cars whizzed by at highway speeds with the AAA guy. It all began when I was driving on the highway and our tire blew. This was another disaster that has happened recently.

My pursuit for preparedness ends when I enter my car. We had water and a spare tire. Luckily we also had AAA and a cell phone. So, Mr. AAA came to our rescue. Learning to change a tire is always on the "to do" list that I avoid.

So, this was a huge wake up call that I need to prepare in my car too. For me the worst part {besides the tire blowing} was being on the shoulder of the highway with no where to go and cars going by us so fast that our car shakes. My boys didn't like that either. If we would have had food and something to distract us, it would have been easier.

Here is a basic list of emergency supplies to have in your car.

Emergency Car Kit

Spare Tire
First Aid Kit
Flares
Blanket
Flashlight
Water
Food
Lug Wrench and Jack
Jumper Cables
Kids Activities

2 comments:

Milehimama @ Mama Says said...

I would add - old shirt, big enough to go over your clothes, and work gloves.

Because the emergency might just happen when you're in your Sunday best! Might also consider Fix a Flat, miracle in a can.

Linda said...

That is a great idea! Thanks!