Friday, June 24, 2011

Foods Going the Distance

Provident Living gives this suggestion to building up our three month supply,

"Build a small supply of food that is part of your normal,
daily diet. One way to do this is to purchase a few extra
items each week to build a one-week supply of food. Then
you can gradually increase your supply until it is sufficient
for three months. These items should be rotated regularly
to avoid spoilage."

Visit the new Long Shelf Life page for grocery foods that last.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Thanks Linda. My favorite food storage story is about honey, which is listed on your indefinite shelf life column. The last time we visited my grandparents we discovered they had honey food storage everywhere! Every extra drawer or cupboard you opened you found honey. It was awesome and kind of funny. I don't think 2 people could ever eat that much honey! I love them! Thanks for this blog.

Linda said...

Maybe you will inherent some of it:)!

Diggity Dog said...

This is exactly how I built up my pantry. It's nice to know that it's always there.

Linda said...

I agree, it is great to have stuff to pull out of the cupboard.