Saturday, March 12, 2011

Chocolate Mix with Superpowers

It is always a good day at the park when a superhero shows up. Well, it's always a good day in the kitchen when we have super powers too. This mix will make you feel like you have
superpowers!!!

I combined a few different recipes to make this Chocolate Super mix. My taste testers approved and said these were better than the cakes/brownies/cupcakes from boxes. Here is the secret recipe that you can make ahead of time, for your own convenience and make these yummy treats as fast as if you were grabbing for a box.

Linda's Super Chocolate Baking Mix

2 2/3 cups flour
4 cups sugar
2 cups cocoa powder
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt

Combine ingredients and store in an airtight container.

When you are ready to show your super powers, grab your container and choose from the following secrets:

Cupcakes
1 cup super chocolate mix
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/4 cup milk
Bake at 350 degrees for 18-20 minutes. 

Brownies
4 cups super chocolate mix
4 eggs
2/3 cups oil
Bake at 350 degrees in a 9x13 greased pan for 20-25 minutes.

Cake
2 cups super chocolate mix
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup milk
Bake at 350 degrees in a 9 inch round, greased and floured, pan for 20-25 minutes.                 

10 comments:

Cory and Becca said...

I LOVE this post. Thanks for sharing Linda...I think you are now officially my new mommy chef mentor :)

Amanda said...

Yummy! You seriously make me happier that I found your blog every time you post. :)

Linda said...

Becca, Thanks! You are cute.

Linda said...

Amanda, I am so glad!

Tasha said...

I'll have to try this...did you use wheat flour or all purpose?
Tasha

Linda said...

Tasha, I used all purpose flour. Wheat would change the texture and flavor of these recipes. You can always experiment with part wheat, part white and see what your family likes.

Darla said...

Hey Linda! I couldn't do scripture tots, but wanted to remind you and Angie about the baking class tomorrow. bring any gluten free or alternative grain recipes that you might have (you don't actually have to make any..just bring the recipe). You can also bring any recipes that you might want to try and make gluten-free. Also, I thought it'd be nice to give Erin $2 or $3 since we know how expensive eating healthy can be! THanks! See you tomorrow.

Linda said...

Thanks Darla, I am looking forward to it. It will be fun to learn about this!

Alison said...

This is so awesome! I'm going to try these pronto! We could totally can this! By the way, sorry I never returned your call about that. I think it's a wonderful idea to do at a RS meeting!!! Thanks!

Linda said...

Thanks Alison! I did reserve the canner for next month, so we can make plans.