- Choose a pie pumpkin, which is smaller than the pumpkins we carve.
- Cut your pumpkin in half horizontally
- Scoop out the seeds and other stuff.
- Lay the pumpkins, cut side down on a cookie sheet with a rim.
- Cover with foil and turn the edges of the foil down around the pan.
- Bake at 350 for 90 minutes or until flesh is soft.
- Cool and scoop out flesh with a spoon.
- Blend until smooth.
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Happy Halloween! I love to see pumpkins all over this time of year. I love making things with pumpkin puree. I love pies, cookies, crumbles, and waffles. It has been a long time since canned pumpkin was a good deal at the grocery store. Making your own pumpkin puree is simple. Here's how...