Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Easy Breadsticks


In getting ready for my campfire cooking, I made some easy breadsticks in the oven. I want to try to cook these over the campfire. First, these are so simple. I am sure that there are softer, more delicious breadsticks out there, but these are fast and easy. My boys love them. There a good place to start if bread making is new to you.

Easy Breadsticks

4 cups flour
1 T. yeast
1 T. sugar
1 tsp. salt

Combine yeast and 1 1/2 cups water. Let sit for 5 minutes. Add remaining ingredients and mix well. On a lightly floured surface, roll out until dough is 1 inch thick. Cut into shapes. Melt 1/4 cup butter.

Spread half of it on a cookie sheet to grease it. Place bread sticks on cookie sheet. Spread the other half of the butter on the breadsticks. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Let rise for 30 minutes. Bake at 400 for 15 minutes.

2 comments:

Alison said...

This looks like my kind of recipe. Not too complex. ;-) And if these were the ones I smelled baking at your house the other day I'm convinced they must be delicious because they sure smelled divine!

Linda said...

They were the bread sticks I was cooking the other day. My boys will eat these for lunch, dipped in sauce and be so happy!