Monday, March 15, 2010

Smooth Rice Pudding

Rice flour, Sugar, Milk, and Cinnamon




Rice Flour is a thickener and will make milk into a pudding!



This is so basic and delicious. My family beg me to make this. I haven't tried it with dried milk yet, but I'm sure just like all dried milk recipes, it would work, but just not taste exactly the same. The rice flour is made by blending rice into a powder in your blender. I dare you to try it.

Smooth Rice Pudding

½ cup rice flour
3 cups milk
4 tbsp sugar
1 T. water
Ground cinnamon

In a medium saucepan, put the rice flour, milk and sugar. Whisk to dissolve and cook in saucepan on medium-high heat. Stirring constantly, bring mixture to a boil.

Lower the heat to medium low. Continue stirring and cooking until the mixture has thickened, about 7 minutes.

Remove from the heat and stir in water. Serve warm or cold. To serve, sprinkle with cinnamon. For a variation, replace ¾ cup milk with ¾ cup coconut milk.


No comments: