Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Baked Oatmeal


My boys are big fans of oatmeal, but only the packets. There is something about those packets. Is it all the sugar? The variety of flavors? Well there is one more secret I recently discovered. They chop up some of the oatmeal. It makes it easier for little mouths to chew up. Well, I have started applying this principle to all of my recipes. This is one of my food storage recipes and it is so good. Just don't skip the step to coarsely chop up the oatmeal. It is worth it! This recipe works well with dried apples.


Baked Oatmeal


3 cups oatmeal, coarsely chopped
½ cup oil
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 large apple, diced

In a large bowl, combine oil, honey or brown sugar, and eggs. Add oatmeal, baking powder, and milk. Mix well. Add apple. Pour into a greased 9" pie pan. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes.

No comments: